Your safety is our business
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE
A NEW SYSTEM OF ASSESSMENT WAS INTRODUCED BY WorkCover NSW
…as of 1st January 2013
Courses have been extended to 3 days
and cost $550 (GST Free)
Assessments now include an additional
calculations assessment as well as more challenging
theory & practical driving tests
As part of the 100 points of ID an applicant must have a NSW address.
* * *
FORKLIFT OPERATION IS DESIGNATED AS A
Completing TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
is the only way to obtain an LF Forklift licence – see below
FORKLIFT TRAINING WITH CHWA
- CHWA provide the best value and highest quality training on the North Coast.
- Our standard 3-day course is made up of sessions which comprehensively cover WHS theory, practical forklift operation and assessment.
- Each day commences at 9:00am and finishes at 4:00pm.
- Extra courses can be arranged at mutually convenient times where numbers are sufficient.
- Phone (02) 6654 0877 at any time for further details
- All forklift operators MUST have a current WorkCover Photo-ID licence
after 01 January 2013
- Only Photo-Licences with an Expiry Date are valid
- all non-photo licences have until 31 December 2012 to be converted
- To update/convert an old licence to a current photo-licence
ring 131 050 0r 1800 201 225
Confirm your current address with WorkCover and ask them to send out the forms to upgrade to a current photo-licence.
- Applications can be submitted at your localpassport rated Post Office – you will need $65, a passport photo, and 100 points of identification and include a NSW address.
- A photo ID must be included within the 100 points of ID along with d.o.b., signature and current address.
(generally a passport plus drivers licence or RMS NSW Photo-ID issued to non-licence holders)
- WorkCover should ALWAYS be notified of changes to your current residential address – phone 1800 201 225
Translators cannot be used during assessments.
WorkCover Assessors are not permitted to assess an applicant who cannot speak and/or understand the English language.
IF YOU HAVE ANY LICENCE CONCERNS check with WorkCover NSW
by phoning 13 10 50 for helpful assistance
or you can check the WorkCover Website
THE OLD WorkCover LOGBOOK SYSTEM IS NO LONGER VALID…
- On September 1st, 2009 there were changes to the WorkCover regulations concerning High Risk work such as forklift operation.
- Completing the course TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck is now the only way to obtain an LF Forklift licence.
- Current WorkCover regulations state that logbooks can only be used while the driver is actually enrolled in the course TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck.
- The only logbooks that can be used must be issued by the Registered Training Organisation (RTO); and only to a student enrolled in TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck. This RTO must be specifically accredited, by the National VET Regulator and WorkCover NSW, to run TLILIC2001A Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck.
- WorkCover regulations state that every session under the new system of logbook driving must be fully described, directly supervised and signed off by a licenced forklift driver.
* * * *
TLILIC2001A – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck
TLIC2025A – Operate a Forklift
WorkCover NSW will not issue an LF Forklift Licence unless TLILIC2001A – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck is completed through a Registered Training Organisation such as CHWA and assessed by an assessor accredited by WorkCover NSW.
To undertake this course you MUST be at least 18 years old. Participants can’t be assessed if they are under 18 years of age.
- WorkCover Assessors are not permitted to assess an applicant who cannot speak and/or understand the English language – translators cannot be used in an assessment situation.
- 100 points of identification MUST be produced before assessment can proceed.
- A photo ID must be included within the 100 points of ID (generally a passport or drivers licence or or non-licence holder RMS NSW Photo-ID)
Current Course Duration (as at January 2013): 3 days
Public Cost: $550 pp
Agency Cost/Corporate Discount: $525 pp
The course outlines the following:
- Compliance with WHS licensing legislation.
- Communicate and work safely with others in the work area.
- Assess and calculate the weight and safety of loads.
- Identify hazards associated with the operation of the forklift truck and put in place effective hazard controls.
- Conduct pre-operational and operational checks, and demonstrate shut down and security procedures.
- Operate the forklift truck and move loads safely, including driving and manoeuvring, picking up and placing of loads at various rack heights.
- Drive forklift truck, with a load, in both forward and reverse, maintaining visibility and safe control at all times.
Please remember to bring 100 points of Identification, appropriate clothing, covered shoes or boots, lunch and drinks. A Hi-Viz vest and morning tea/coffee and refreshments will be provided. We recommend that sunglasses be worn in sunny weather.
- On confirmation of booking, Course Information will be forwarded to participants to guide preparation for the course.
- Please remember to bring all documentation with you on the day, along with 100 points of identification.
Upon successful completion participants will receive two Nationally-Recognised Statements of Attainment, one of which (TLILIC2001A – Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck) is the perquisite for the LF photo-licence issued by WorkCover NSW, and the other (TLID2010A – Operate forklift) which can be used a an elective for other qualification. Successful participants are immediately able to legally drive a forklift in the workplace, but only for 60 days. Within 60 days of assessment an application for a photo-licence (either new or amended) must be submitted to WorkCover, through a Post Office, or else the training course may have to be repeated.
For more information or to make a booking please contact our office
Phone: (02) 6654 0877
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org