Coffs Harbour Workplace Assessments
CHWA a one-stop-shop for quality truck and forklift training.
At CHWA your trainer does not need to enrol you with a third party RTO.
Let CHWA trainers train and assess you – deal directly with the RTO.
CHWA closely monitor their training standards so you receive the highest quality training available.
NO HIDDEN CHARGES
- No “Registration” fees
Just a flat hourly rate that hasn’t changed for 5 years.
CHWA trainers provide friendly and patient instruction to suit the needs of each student.
Pressure free training – students progress at their own rate.
Since startingin 1996 as ‘Commercial Driver Training’ the focus has been practical driving skills and road safety.
IMPORTANT NOTES CONCERNING TRUCK LICENCES
AS FROM 1st January 2013 under the new assessment system in NSW:
When you apply for or renew your heavy vehicle licence, you must complete a form with questions about your fitness to drive a heavy vehicle safely. On the basis of this information RMS may ask for a medical report.
NSW adopts the national medical standards for private and commercial drivers contained in the Assessing Fitness to Drive, Commercial and Private Vehicle Drivers booklet, published by AUSTROADS and approved by the Australian Transport Council. These standards apply to those licence holders of class MR and higher who are required to provide a medical report to RMS.
* Drivers MUST pass the RMS Eye Test BEFORE commencing training.
* Drivers must pass the RMS Driver Knowledge Test before training.
* Drivers must meet RMS (Heavy Vehicle) health standards
* Only Accredited RMS Assessors can provide training & assessment.
* Training must be provided by a Registered Training Organisation.
-= IMPORTANT =-
BEFORE ANY TRAINING CAN COMMENCE
THE RESULTS of the Eye Test and Driver Knowledge Test
MUST BE RECORDED in the RMS computer by the RMS Registry
A truck licence will only be issued when drivers have completed one of the following courses:
..(HR) TLILIC2016A Licence to drive heavy rigid vehicle
..(HC) TLILIC3017A Licence to drive heavy combination vehicle
MORE THAN JUST A LICENCE
CHWA TRAINS DRIVERS THAT EMPLOYERS WANT TO EMPLOY
CHWA instructors and assessors are trained and accredited by Roads & Marine Services NSW to train and assess clients for their Heavy Vehicle (truck licences) from LR to HC, and CHWA is also accredited by WorkCover to provide training and assessment for LF Forklift licenses
- All truck driver training courses are carried out on public roads
- Training is on a one-to-one basis
- CHWA can provide an MR or HR vehicle
- Optional extra TLI10 module appropriate to their licence
- Forklift courses are conducted at CHWA’s airconditioned premises
- Forklift courses are kept to small groups for high quality training outcomes
DRIVER SAFETY IS OUR BUSINESS